The Cottages on Mountain Creek* provides 24-hour housing and care for individuals living with mental illness. From a hospital or home setting, residents enter our 24/7 Stabilization Program which is supervised 24-hours a day.
We provide a seamless care program wherein our psychotherapist, psychopharmacologist and adjunct therapists work together to provide various levels of treatment and living arrangements. The Cottages also coordinates care to work with our residents who seek volunteer positions, re-entry into college and/or the workforce.
The length of stay at The Cottages on Mountain Creek will vary according to individual needs. The severity of symptoms and response to our programming will determine the total length of stay and cost of the program. See the FAQ page for more info.
*licensed by the state of Georgia as a Personal Care Home.
We aim to make your move to The Cottages as pleasant and familiar as possible. For your convenience and comfort, we provide basic room and board necessities and allow Residents to bring many of their own personal items.
For the safety and enjoyment of all our guests and staff, we do have strict guidelines about what items are permitted on the premises.
Please read the guidelines below, in preparation for your move to The Cottages. We look forward to serving you during your stay.
The following items are provided for our 24/7 Stabilization and Respite Care Residents:
- Linens (sheets, pillows, pillowcases, blankets)
- Public computers and reading books are provided in our Library
- Clothes hangers
- House telephone
Please view the other tabs on this page for info on what is not provided, and suggested personal items you may wish to bring with you.
The following items are not included in 24/7 or Respite residential care facilities
- Personal care/hygiene items including personal appliances such as hair dryers, curling irons and shavers
- Personal computers, televisions or other personal electronics
- Laundry detergent
- Hobby supplies
- Special sporting equipment (though exercise equipment is available in the fitness center)
The following items are not included, but are available for Residents for an additional fee:
- A private telephone line and/or cable television available for individual rooms
- Special weekend programs and trips will be scheduled for Residents and may carry additional fees. (Residents may choose not to participate).
Here’s a downloadable and printable list of personal items you may wish to bring with you. Please note Clients residing at The Cottages On Mountain Creek must have a cell phone with them at all times.
Please view the other tabs on this page for info on what is and isn’t provided during your residential program.
The following items are prohibited at The Cottages On Mountain Creek Residences:
- Furniture (unless upon request – space is limited)
- Cash and other valuables (except for $20 per week) – Personal budgeting classes are available for those needing assistance
- Alcohol or drugs
- Weapons of any sort
- Space heaters, microwaves, toaster ovens, and hot plates
- Computers are prohibited at our facilities, but are provided on campus
- Clients of Creekside Services may own computers
- Bed linens, toilet paper and towels (a refundable deposit is required to cover damage to sheets and comforters)
**Clients may bring their own comforters if they wish, though all bed linens are provided
All prospective and current residents must comply with our Residency Requirements.